[TYPO3-install] Problems accessing typo3temp folder

Andreas Burg typo3 at andreasburg.de
Mon Jul 7 17:51:23 CEST 2008

Marcel van der Laan schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Hope you can help me with a problem installing typo3 v4.2.
>
> I’ve installed v4.2 on the page of my provider and can run the install tool
> and even (after some persuasion) managed to get the ImageMagick tools
> running. The proble comes when I want to verify the image processing of
> ImageMagick and GD. I can run the “Reading image formats” test and it nicely
> places the generated images in the typo3temp/pics directory.

perhaps the reference pics and not the generated?

> But... the images are not displayed on the results page of the image
> processing test. Instead I get a password prompt (directly from Internet
> Explorer, I think) stating that I need to log in. I get that a number of
> times for the single page (but not quite one for each test…).
>
> Even if I try to access the link directly (e.g.
> /www.mysite.com/typo3temp/pics/install_read_pcx.jpg), I get the same thing!
> I’ve tried changing the permissions of the typo3temp directory, the pics
> directory and the image file to 0777, but to no avail. Even moving the file
> to the typo3temp directory: no luck. But placing the file in the root (i.e.
> above typo3temp) means that I can the view the file. I just seems I cannot
> access the typo3temp directory, for some reason…
in most cases there's no need to change the rights of folders and files

> FWIW, The site is managed by Plesk 8.0.1, there’s not .htaccess in the root
> and the files are all owned by the apache user.
>
> I’d really like to get the TYPO3 installation completely working… Someone
> please help. Thanks!  I’ll name my next dog after you ;-)
>
> Regards, Marcel

Hello Marcel,

do you have access to the install tool now? On first page you can see if everything is correct with
the rights. You will see a generated pic on this site as well.

Did you try another browser? Can you delete the content of typo3temp via ftp? What are the rights of
typo3temp? Do you have full access to your DB?

In your localconf.php you should have these lines:
[BE][fileCreateMask] = 0644
[BE][folderCreateMask] = 0755

Greetings Andreas