[TYPO3-install] First frustrations with Typo3, and how can we solve it?

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sat Apr 5 09:53:09 CEST 2008

I have downloaded the packages:
dummy-4.1.6.tar.gz
quickstart-3.8.1.tar.gz
typo3_src-4.1.6.tar.gz

quickstart I could not manage to work at all, since the directory
typo3_src/tslib does not exist

dummy started out as empty, as expected, and it remains more or less
after several hours of tries and reinstallation, ....

Following the document: Modern_Template_Building_1.swx I come till page
22, where it says:

This HTML file is put into the directory "fileadmin/template/main/"
relative to the TYPO3 installation (the dummy-package).

/To follow this tutorial you should now copy the contents of the folder
"part1/" from this tutorial extension into the folder
"fileadmin/template/main/". If you didn't import the tutorial extension
"doc_tut_templselect" from TER you should do that now!/

/Further, if you bypassed the previous section about TypoScript, make
sure to at least create the page tree as described in the chapter
“Creating a page structure” and possibly a blank template record.
/

Where do I get the sample page? I do not have a folder "part1" (how
would that be anyway in a swx file?)
I have installed doc_tut_templselect (although I do not understand
what/where/who is "TER"

I have created a template according to the previous section of the
tutorial.
I looked very hard to find the tickbox "Enable object links" (page 14),
but could not find it.

Latest situation is now:
the root page has a template:
# Configuring the Auto-Parser:
plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {
    # Read the template file:
  content = FILE
  content.file = fileadmin/template/main/template_1.html

    # Here we define which elements in the HTML that
    # should be wrapped in subpart-comments:
  elements {
    BODY.all = 1
    BODY.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_BODY

    HEAD.all = 1
    HEAD.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_HEADER
    HEAD.rmTagSections = title

    TD.all = 1
  }

    # Prefix all relative paths with this value:
      relPathPrefix = fileadmin/template/main/
}

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.config.disableAllHeaderCode=1

page.10 =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1

Although I have set on the Page/root page a content (left column a
picture, middle column a "Hi I am here" text) the page shows now
nothing, not even an error.

What am I doing wrong?

bye

R.