[TYPO3-install] SAFE MODE

Axel Hinz news at apfelix.net
Mon May 28 13:01:07 CEST 2007

On Mon, 28 May 2007, typo3-install-request at lists.netfielders.de wrote:
> The safe mode is switched on in /etc/typo3-dummy/apache.conf.
> If you want to switch that off, do it there.

or (similar to my configuration) switch it off in the specific virtual
host by using:
php_admin_flag safe_mode on

> remove all packages regarding typo3 from stable,
> download the packages typo3-dummy and typo3-src from testing and install
> them from scratch.

good suggestion, im am also using the newest typo3 by this way; it is
easy and fast.

one more suggestion: i hade massive problems using several (and
afterwards just some) rewriterules to access typo3 via ssl-hosts, other
vhosts (like typo3.mydomain.tld) or similar. don't do that; rte and
other scripts will stop from working (and also stop you from having
fun). just use it via by mydomain.tld/typo3, thats the way it works.

cu
axl