[TYPO3-install] unsynchronized extension list - very strange problem

Jakub Tesinsky j at kub.cz
Sun Mar 25 22:11:35 CEST 2007

I use typo3 on more domains and I found VERY STRANGE problem today. When
i login to backend from different domains I have DIFFERENT list of
extensions installed, thought there is only one installation and the
other one is just symlinked.

Details:

I have installed typo3 on domain1.com normally. Then I have symlinked
the whole installation to domain2.com.

The error is: When I use domain1.com/typo3/ backend I see DBAL and other
extensions installed, BUT when I use domain2.com/typo3/ then I don't see
them.

THIS IS VERY SCARY! Should I always control all subdomains to make sure
that all extensions are synchrnoized? How it is really possible - I
thought that the list of installed extensions is derived on directories
in the ext/ folder - and these two domains are just symlinked thris
should me the same.

Or my installation is flawed?

Any ideas.

Jakub