[TYPO3-install] Can't import extensions

samv at netspace.net.au samv at netspace.net.au
Tue Jan 2 14:06:40 CET 2007

Hi Steffan,

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't resolve the problem. I tried
the following...

Check File/Directory Permissions (I'm on Mac OS 10.4.8)
01. sudo chown www /Library/WebServer/Documents/*
02. sudo chgrp www /Library/WebServer/Documents/*
03. sudo chown www /Library/WebServer/typo3_src-4.1beta2/*
04. sudo chgrp www /Library/WebServer/typo3_src-4.1beta2/*

Delete extensions.xml.gz
05. sudo rm /Library/WebServer/Documents/typo3temp/extensions.xml.gz

Delete other temporary files
06. typo3/install > typo3temp/ > Number of files at at time: Delete 100 > From
sub-directory cs/
07. typo3/install > typo3temp/ > Number of files at at time: Delete 100 > From
sub-directory GB/
08. typo3/install > typo3temp/ > Number of files at at time: Delete 100 > From
sub-directory llxml/
09. typo3/install > typo3temp/ > Number of files at at time: Delete 100 > From
sub-directory pics/
10. typo3/install > typo3temp/ > Number of files at at time: Delete 100 > From
sub-directory temp/
11. typo3/install > Clean up database > Clean up everything

Check Typo3 integrity
12. Typo3 BE > DB Check > Manage Reference Index > Update Now!
    7 records from 15 tables were checked/updated.
    Index Integrity was perfect!
13. Typo3 BE > DB Check > Manage Reference Index > Test Reference index
    7 records from 15 tables were checked/updated.
    Index Integrity was perfect!

Attempt to import and list extensions
14. Extension manager > Import Extensions > Retrieve/Update
    The extensions list has been updated and now contains 2102 extension
entries.
15. Extension manager > Import Extensions > Look up button
    No matching extensions found.

ImageMagic 6.1.7 is installed and most of the the Image Processing tests check
out okay.

I also tried putting * and templavoila in the "Look up" field before clicking
the "Look up" button.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Sam