[TYPO3-install] TYPO3 installation mailing lists

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Mon Sep 4 11:31:55 CEST 2006

> What do you think? Other suggestions?
+1

The separation was useful to distinguish systems so advice should be given
to provide at least the platform in the question.

I have seen on a few other newsgroups a once a month reminder message about
using a newsreader, allways use your real name etc. I think we should do
the same and add into the message links to the best install docs. This
would help stop newbies getting lost and a gentle reminder.

Is it possible to merge the data so at least there is a useful archive in
one place rather than spread over at least four lists?

My experience is that so many stupid things can go wrong with a newbie
server install. not limited to permissions, Windows text editors and bad
md5 checks etc. These things really need to be eliminated before I enjoy
posting any help I can be. So I am thinking some of these prerequisites
should be reminded regularly.

Matthew