[TYPO3-install] Newbie: localconf.php is not found!

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Sep 4 09:37:12 CEST 2006

Hi Kenneth,

> I copied the directories "dummy" and "typo3" of version 4.0.1 to the
> root of my account and when I run index.php I get :
>
> localconf.php is not found!
>
> However, localconf.php is in the dummy directory but typo3 can't find it !

Sounds like you extracted these packages into separate directories :-)

What you need to do is put them into one folder, having "t3lib" etc. and
"typo3conf" etc. in the same directory.

> Why isn't there a step by step installation file explaining how to
> install the  dummy-4.0.1.zip and typo3_src-4.0.1.zip ? There is no way
> Typo3 is going to become popular if there is such lousy documentation
> for the basic install ! It probably would only be a few lines and we
> don't even get that !

Apparently you seem to be the first one ever who has this problem, so I
believe it must be well written in the INSTALL.txt document. Didn't check
though...

If you have comments and suggestions, feel free to improve this document, it
is located somewhere in the Wiki at http://wiki.typo3.org/

By the way: Since Windows users can't use shared sources (that's why "typo3"
and "dummy" are splitted) we have recently introduced a new version which
contains both in one archive. The name of this archive is self-explaining:
typo3_src+dummy-<version>.zip

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out