[TYPO3-install] Typo3 with simulateStatic in a subdirectory

Rick Robinson <itPDX> rrobinson at itpdx.com
Fri Sep 1 15:05:26 CEST 2006

Best Solution:
If you have access to the apache server add the cms folder to the
end of the DocumentRoot setting. This requires an Apache restart.

Second Best Solution:
If not and you have/or can create an htaccess file with the proper
permission you can
put this in it. Google htaccess or ask your provider which ever applys.
Redirect permanent / http://www.mySite.com/cms/
Third Best Solutions:
You can put a forwarding script in the htdocs folder.

javascript:
Create an index.html file in the htdocs folder.
In the head section put this

<script language="Javascript">
location.href='www.mySite.com/cms';
</script>

php:
Create a index.php file in the htdocs folder.
Put this in it
<?php
header("location: www.mySite.com/cms");

?>

Thanks,
Rick Robinson
www.itPDX.com

Hi folks!

Facing a nervous breakdown I ask you for your help!

I have installed Typo3 in a subdirectory of my web root (htdocs/cms/).
simulateStatic works quite fine, accessing my site calling
http://www.mySite.com/cms/.

Now I would like to make my website only accessible calling
http://www.mySite.com/. All invalid URLs (404) as well as any direct call of
http://www.mySite.com/cms/... (except calling the backend) should be
redirected to http://www.mySite.com/. I.e. no visitor should ever see in
which subdirectory my typo3 is installed (due to security reasons).

What exactly has to be defined in which .htaccess file (/htdocs/.htaccess
and /htdocs/cms/.htaccess) in order to make this work as required?

Is this possible with Typo3 anyway? If yes, does this have a major impact on
the performance of the Apache server?

Regards,
Levente