[Typo3-install] Database problem. Turn on logging?

Thomas Willert thomas at willert.dk
Fri Mar 10 12:10:32 CET 2006

Hi!

Is it possible to turn on some kind of logging in the Install Tool?

I am having the problem of not being able to update the database through
the Install Tool. From the command line I can import the database.sql
without any error messages, but the Install Tool still claims that I
should update it after doing a 'Compare'. When I press 'Write to
database' nothing happens, the same page just pops up again with the
recommendation that I should update the database.

For fear of running into other problems later I would like to know what
is causing this. In the archives I have seen that other have had similar
problems without being able to post a solution. Comments from the
community suggest that it might be a PHP/MySQL problem?

I am using these components:
FreeBSD 5.4 (stable)
PHP 4.4.2
MySQL 4.1.18
Apache 2.0.55
Typo3 3.8.1

Thanks for any enlightenment anyone might be able to provide!

Cheers!

Thomas Willert
thomas at willert.dk