[Typo3-install] sql db export/import problem

beqquadro beqquadro at NOSPAMgmail.com
Thu Jan 26 23:28:51 CET 2006

hello,

I've read around and tried in different ways but still am in trouble.
Can someone please help?
What I want to do is transfer a typo3 website I'm developping from my
local Win XP system to a distant Linux server.
So... Here's what I'm doing (wrong, obviously):

http://localhost/mysite/typo3/
phpMyAdmin > Export > dummy (76), Select all (SQL), Structure (Add drop
table, Export compatibility NONE) and Data (Complete inserts, Export
type INSERT), File name __DB__ > Go
Copy and paste in notepad, and save as mydatabase.sql, Unicode (7,01 Mo)

FTP upload on my distant server (hosted by 1and1.fr):
in /subdirectory/ all folders and files contained in a clean unzipped
dummy-3.8.1.zip
then in /subdirectory/typo3conf/ mydatabase.sql

Out-comment the security lines in /subdirectory/typo3/install/index.php
Set new install tool password
Check [SYS][doNotCheckReferer]
and also update localconf.php with username, password and host of my
1and1 empty database
 > Select database

Till then, everything seems ok:

Connected to SQL database successfully
Username: my1and1dbusername
Password: my1and1dbpassword
Host: my1and1dbhost
Database
my1and1db is selected as database.
Has 0 tables.

But: with typo3conf/mydatabase.sql (7.0 M) IMPORT (or COMPARE or VIEW) I
get an internal server error 500.

So, back to http://localhost/mysite/typo3/
phpMyAdmin > Export > dummy (76)...
Save as file, mydatabasetwo.sql, no compression (3,50 Mo)
Upload in /subdirectory/typo3conf/

typo3conf/mydatabasetwo.sql (3.5 M) IMPORT
Check all tables to import > Write to database
=> Error 500

typo3conf/mydatabasetwo.sql (3.5 M) IMPORT
Import the whole file 'mydatabasetwo.sql' directly (ignores selections
above) > Write to database
=> Import SQL Dump
Imported ALL
Queries: 4570
Database Analyser
Database
my1and1db is selected as database.
Has 0 tables.

typo3conf/mydatabasetwo.sql (3.5 M) COMPARE
Add fields, Changing fields
=> Database
my1and1db is selected as database.
Has 76 tables.

https://phpmyadmin.1and1.fr/
=> Each table is only 1 Ko

Create admin user
Log in http://www.my1and1domain.com/subdirectory/typo3/
=> Can't see a single page in the root tree.

Hope someone will be able to forgive my newbiness and give me a hand.

Best regards,

beqquadro