[Typo3-install] TemplaVoila and version 3.8.0

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Feb 7 02:36:01 CET 2006

Luna Nera wrote:

> Hi,
> i wanted to install the most basic package and make some changes as i
> learn to use the various plug ins, options et al,
> so i decided for the TEMPLA VOILA solution as shown  at
>
> http://typo3.org/documentation/articles/minute-website/
> or specifically
> http://130.228.0.33/oneminutesite/oneminutesite.htm
>

> but...there's a problem.
>

> I Installed TYPO3 on my remote linux apache webserver, taking it from
> the FANTASTICO utility, and the version installed is 3.8.0
> This version doesn't has (or at least i cannot find it) the
> TEMPLAVOILA control center....
> Well, from the presentation, i see that the one shown is a  3.8.0-dev
> version, that has completely different icons and look&feel, and has
> the TEMPLAVOILA' software.
>
> Now i see that there's a version 3.8.1 in download, so maybe
> TEMPLAVOILA is on this one.....
> But at this point there are new problems:
>
> 1) which one off all the version available is the one to download to
> have TEMPLEVOILA in it?

Try download templavoila from TER, a version 0.4.0 should be available.

> 2) since my Linux web server is not a localhost but a remote server, i
> cannot ftp the files cause several items are stripped, and i don't
> know how to unzip the zipped version directly on the server....

Instal quickexplorer, also found on TER

> Another solution could be to upgrade from the preinstalled 3.8.0 to
> the 3.8.1, if  TemplaVoila is in it, or just to install this one, but
> how to do it????

YES, just upgrade from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1, your hoster should do it for you,
put properly won't.

> I know, these are very stupid questions, but i'm not a computer
> wizard, so i do need also this sort of basic instructions.....
> Could you please help me??????

There are no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid answers... I
hope I didn;t gave you any.

BTW, I don't know what FANTASTICO but it doesn't really sounds like it.....
Better find a hoster with shall access and FTP stuff....