[Typo3-install] TemplaVoila and version 3.8.0

Luna Nera lilithnp at hypertalk.com
Tue Feb 7 00:29:05 CET 2006

Hi,
i wanted to install the most basic package and make some changes as i
learn to use the various plug ins, options et al,
so i decided for the TEMPLA VOILA solution as shown  at

http://typo3.org/documentation/articles/minute-website/
or specifically
http://130.228.0.33/oneminutesite/oneminutesite.htm

but...there's a problem.

I Installed TYPO3 on my remote linux apache webserver, taking it from
the FANTASTICO utility, and the version installed is 3.8.0
This version doesn't has (or at least i cannot find it) the
TEMPLAVOILA control center....
Well, from the presentation, i see that the one shown is a  3.8.0-dev
version, that has completely different icons and look&feel, and has
the TEMPLAVOILA' software.

Now i see that there's a version 3.8.1 in download, so maybe
TEMPLAVOILA is on this one.....
But at this point there are new problems:

1) which one off all the version available is the one to download to
have TEMPLEVOILA in it?

2) since my Linux web server is not a localhost but a remote server,
i cannot ftp the files cause several items are stripped, and i don't
know how to unzip the zipped version directly on the server....

Another solution could be to upgrade from the preinstalled 3.8.0 to
the 3.8.1, if  TemplaVoila is in it, or just to install this one, but
how to do it????

I know, these are very stupid questions, but i'm not a computer
wizard, so i do need also this sort of basic instructions.....
Could you please help me??????

thhhhhaaaaaaaannxxxxxx

Lilith from Italy