[TYPO3-install] Forbidden - no permission to access /typo3/install/index.php

Marcel Ehrhard marcel.ehrhard at bluewin.ch
Wed Dec 13 21:17:30 CET 2006

Hi there,
I untared dummy-4.0.3.tar.gz and typo3_src-4.0.3 into /srv/www/htdocs on my
Suse Linux. Renamed dummy-4.0.3 to cms and subsequently set permissions to
view and write for user root and group www (includes wwwrun/apache) for all
folders and contents in cms and typo3_scr-4.0.3.

I have 4 virtual webservers on my Suse Linux. All work fine but when trying
to install Typo3 I get the ' Forbidden ... no permission to access
/typo3/install/index.php' message. The browser command line shows:
http://19n.n.n.n:85/typo3/install/index.php?mode=123&step=1&password=joh316
so this looks as if the process which calls for the install index somehow
got blocked.
But where do I start to correct this problem?

appreciate help, regards Marcel

Best regards, meilleures salutations, freundliche Grüsse
Marcel Ehrhard
Rebhaldenstrasse 13
CH-8910 Affoltern am Albis
Switzerland