[TYPO3-install] Newbie: localconf.php is not found!

Kenneth Grandchamp kenneth.grandchamp at medecine.unige.ch
Mon Aug 28 16:11:16 CEST 2006

Hello !

I copied the directories "dummy" and "typo3" of version 4.0.1 to the
root of my account and when I run index.php I get :

localconf.php is not found!

However, localconf.php is in the dummy directory but typo3 can't find it !

Why isn't there a step by step installation file explaining how to
install the  dummy-4.0.1.zip and typo3_src-4.0.1.zip ? There is no way
Typo3 is going to become popular if there is such lousy documentation
for the basic install ! It probably would only be a few lines and we
don't even get that !

I suppose one has to rename dummmy to something else and edit some file
and write it in there but....aaargghh....
Why didn't they edit index.php in the first place to edit out the first
error etcc...etc.. ? Why make installation so difficult ?!

Ahem...I would still LOVE to try out typo3...anybody can help ?

Ken.