[TYPO3-install] Installing Indexed Search

matt dayton matt at ukstudentdiary.com
Sat Aug 19 13:33:40 CEST 2006

Hello Everyone,

My current version of Typo3 4.0 with the dummy package
installed all on Yahoo's webhosting server yns1.

 With the Extension Manager I have installed the
"indexed Search" module, as well as the "site Crawler"
module.  Furthermore I have added the following lines
into my root pages TSConfig:

page.config.index_enable = 1

tx_crawler.crawlerCfg.paramSets.test = &L=[|]
tx_crawler.crawlerCfg.paramSets.test {
  procInstrFilter =
tx_indexedsearch_reindex,tx_indexedsearch_crawler
  baseUrl = http://www.ukstudentdiary.com/
}

First, None of my pages are being indexed as described
in the manuals

Secondly, after inserting the Plugin , "Indexed
search" into my content, no search box is being
rendered in the FE

Thirdly,  adding to the twist,  If I create an Indexed
search configuration ( in root page) to crawl an
external URL with my BaseURL address of my site enter
in.  The crawler succesfully crawls all pages and
indexes them into the Indexing and Indexed Search
Modules.  Further investigation using the "qid" on the
crawler log has revieled that the cli module is
receiving a header error during the usual crawl
method,( tx_indexedsearch_reindex procInstFilter)
subsequently producing a "status: error"; however,
with the external url crawl's, typo3 has succesfully
used tx_indexedsearch_crawler procInstFilter to
produce a "status: OK ".

Does anyone have any ideas why these modules are not
working properly?????

Regards

Matthew