[Typo3-install] Doubt about # chgrp -R <wwwserver> typo3_src-3.8.0/ <sitedir>/

Roberto rmartinez at netcontac.com
Tue Sep 27 17:01:41 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to install a single source code for many vhosts Web sites in a
*nix environment and I have one single question.

How <wwwserver> directory must be replaced in the command:
# chgrp -R <wwwserver> typo3_src-3.8.0/ <sitedir>/

Where <sitedir> is: /home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/testsite-x.x.x and as I
understand the group where the webserver is running is:
/home/httpd/vhosts/ because all de domains are ../vhosts/domain1.com
../vhosts/domain2.com

In this case, the syntax is:

# chgrp -R /home/httpd/vhosts/ typo3_src-3.8.0/
/home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/testsite-x.x.x

However, I found that it may be used /home/httpd instead, this is why I am
not sure what to do.

Please let me know what is the correct configuration.

Sincerely,

Roberto