[Typo3-install] quickstart - 500 Server Error - Premature end of script headers

Vincent newsposting1 at crel.us
Mon Sep 12 03:09:52 CEST 2005

Vincent wrote:
> Is there any way I can install the quickstart package to an
> already working typo3 installation with the DB already setup?
>
> Software info:
> -------------
> TYPO3_VERSION  : 3.8.0
> PHP_VERSION    : 4.3.11
> SERVER_SOFTW   : Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)
> PHP_OS         : Linux
> HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.4; NetBSD)
>                  KHTML/3.4.1 (like Gecko)

Ok.  I still don't have the quickstart FE (Frontend) working but
I have made progress and have the BE (Backend) working.  I still
get the same "500 Server Error" with "Premature end of script headers"
in the log when I try to connect to
http://mysite.com/typo3/quickstart.

However, the BE now shows the full quickstart site tree, so far as
I can tell, when I connect to http://mysite.com/typo3/quickstart.

In order to get it to work, after unpacking a fresh quickinstall
package into my working typo3 tree, I had to connect to

http://mysite.com/typo3/quickstart/typo3

in order to configure the mysql DB.  I figured this out through
deduction and trial and error.  The docs tell me about using
http://mysite.com/typo3/typo3 for the main site but that did not
configure the quickstart site.

This allowed it to finally connect to the DB but the quickstart site
was still empty.

I finally found some other postings where others have had the same
problem because the quickstart/typo3conf/database.sql file is not
getting imported into the database, so you end up with an empty DB.
So it turns out I am not alone in at least part of my problem.
When you try the import DB function from the admin screen, it gives
the error,

*No tables* There seems to be no CREATE TABLE definitions in the SQL
file. However, when I look at the database.sql file, there are loads
of CREATE TABLE commands.  Others that posted about this seem to think
this is some kind of bug.

Either way, their solution was to manually import the database.sql
file with myPHPAdmin.  I did not have any such command on my web host,
but I was able to do it with a mysql command I got from some of the
docs when I was researching WebGUI.  The command I used was

mysql -umysqlid -pmypw mytypo3db < database.sql

This first errored because there was a pre-existing record in the DB.
I created a new mysql DB using cpanel and ran it on that and it did
not error.

Then I could not log back into the admin site at
http://mysite.com/typo3/quickstart/typo3
anymore.  Somehow the DB import seems to have changed the admin
password.

I used the superadmin.php script and reset the admin password.

Then finally, I was able to login to the BE of the quickstart site and
the whole quickstart tree seems to be there!

Now If I can just find out why the quickstart FE still just gives the
server error.