[Typo3-install] What is the status of Typo3 3.8 and ImageMagick 5.5.6

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Sep 8 08:31:06 CEST 2005

Hi Jason,

> I am thinking of signing up with a webhosting company called SiteGround.
> They have Typo3 already installed with the following:
>
> ImageMagick version 5.5.6
> GDlib/Freetype (compiled with PHP)
> zlib (compiled with PHP)
> Apache with mod_gzip/mod_rewrite
> Zend Optimizer as a PHP accelerator
>
> I know that Typo3 has had problems with ImageMagick 5+, but these seem to
> be with older versions of Typo3. Also, there is information regarding a
> patch as well.
>
> Before I go with SiteGround I'd like to know if I will have all the
> capabilites 4.9.2 had with Typo3 3.5. Is this all worked out now?

TYPO3 works even with ImageMagick 5.5.6. There was a parameter somewhere
between 5.2 and 5.5. You are only effected by this change if you need the
combine feature like it is used when adding borders or watermarks to your
images.

TYPO3 3.8 has got a workaround for this which has been tested with
ImageMagick 6, but it should also work with your version.

In the Install Tool, set $TYPO3_CONF_VARS[GFX][im_version_5] to "im6".

I'm sorry I cannot make any promises that it will work. ImageMagick will at
least work for resizing images (creating thumbnails, etc.) but I'm not sure
if it can combine them with other images.

Would be glad to get your feedback about this once you've tested it!

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out