[Typo3-UG Hannover] Re: [Typo3] RFC: should be enable authentication ?

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Tue May 6 11:53:18 CEST 2003

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [netfielders] wrote:
> A: Would you like to recieve spam, ignore it, delete it, whatever, but do
> nothing but send mails to the server, or:
> B: those of you using the news-server, subscribe to the list-server, change
> that setting, keep writing on the newsserver and do NOT recieve spam.

I'd prefer B over A, but... Have you ever accessed the PHP mailing lists
via new.php.net? You get an email the first time you post, and after
confirming that, you can post without hassles in the future. This is
basically the same thing, but it might be a bit easier to grasp (and
explain) and it may *seem* like it is easier. :)

I don't know how they do it, but I liked the concept when stumbling over
it by accident (i.e. by posting...).

Regards,
Karsten