[TYPO3-GSoC] Google Summer of Code Application

Lachezar Lechev elpiel93 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:21:37 CET 2014

Hello,
This is my application for the project "Welcome package / Getting started
package".
I'm now at the "contibution walkthrough tutorial" part and I'll try to fix
some bug from the bug tracker.
I actually didn't understand if I need to get Typo3 CMS core, Typo3 Flow
and Typo3 Neos Repositories
or I can just get Typo3 Flow repository in this tutorial?

Do I need to submit it at Google Summer of Code Melange?

About you

   - Whats your name?
   - Lachezar Petrov Lechev
   - Where do you live? Which time zone?
   - I live in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. GMT +2
   - On which college / university are you currently enrolled?
   - I'm currently studying in the University of Plovdiv "Paisii
   Hilendarski" - Second year - Informatics
   - Give a brief bio and an overview about your background
   - I started Web developing at the age of 13. Started working as
   freelancer at the age of 14. I'm still working and studying.
   My main knowledge are:

   *Back-end: Symfony 2 framework / Yii framework / MVC / Design Patterns /
   PHP 5.5 / MySQL 5 / Google Maps Api*

   *Front-end: Bootstrap / jQuery / jQuery UI / Ajax / HTML 5 / CSS 3 /
   xHTML / HTML 4 / CSS 2*

   *Knowledge of: Linux Administration / Zend Framework 2 / Laravel
   Framework / JavaScript / Java / C++ / MS SQL / BASH*
   - How can we contact you (email, jabber, skype, etc.)?
   - Email: elpiel93 at gmail.com
   - Skype: lp_lechev
   - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/twify
   - Do you have a Blog/Website/Twitter account?
   - No I don't have
   - Do you have have heard or worked with TYPO3 before? Give us a short
   overview what you did.
   - No I haven't. That's why I want to do it.
   - Did you do already any Open source contributions on any other project?
   - No I haven't. I'm for first year participating in Google Summer of Code

About your Project

   - Give us a brief explanation/abstract about your project.
   - I want to contribute to one of the proposal: Welcome package / Getting
   started package
   - What are the expected results/goals? What do you want to achieve?
   - I want to achive more easy and no troubleshooting start up Package for
   begginers like me.
   - If you have chosen an idea from our list, why did you choose this
   specific idea?
   - Like I said I'm begginer at this project and I saw what is it like. I
   also want to help improve it so people who don't have much knowledge can
   start a project
   easy and without any problems that can make them dump it.
   - If you are proposing a project of your own, what is unique about it?
   - ----
   - Provide some more detailed description about your project. Which
   subtasks might be needed? How are you going to solve certain problems?
   - I would look at other Open Source Projects with their Start up
   packages(like Symfony2) and see what they offer and get ideas from there.
   I don't need to re-invent the hot watter.
   - Do already see any special challenges in project we need to clarify
   beforehand?
   - Yes I do see some special challenges. I need to ensure no server
   problems or other problems will occure in the installation process.
   - Do you have any special qualifications/skills/knowledges/experiences
   which might help you to do the project?
   - Yes, I have a lot of working experience(but I still need to learn a
   lot of things). And I think I can learn from this project
   not only to develop code, but to ensure the User Experience is on a
   level.
   - Provide a project schedule over the period of the summer. Add
   milestones and subtasks.
    * 19 May: Look at the starting guide and also in the Bug Tracker for
   any issues that can occur on starting up with the project.
   Plan what can be made better and easier to understand.

    * 25 May - 27 June: Develop a easy module in the package (not too
   complicated) to show the user it's not so easy to do it.
   Showing the basic principals written in the start up guid ( maybe a
   Contact form ).
   Also I'll add additional resources to the project quickstart.

    * 27 June - 14 Autgust:
   I will start developing an installation file for easier start and
also  command
   line tool checking for common configuration.

    * 14-17 August: Run the whole settup guid and make only final touches
   to the project.

    * 17-18 August: Submit final evaluation.
   - How much time are you going to spend per week during the summer?
   - I will spen 30-35 hours a week for this project, since I'm more
   productive in shorter periods and not 9-10 hours a day!
   - Are there any planned interruptions (e.g. important exams) that would
   interfere with the program?
   I only have 3 exams between 14 and 28 of June