[TYPO3-GSoC] Fwd: GSOC 2013

Andun Sameera andunslg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 07:36:08 CET 2013

Dear All,

When I go through the ideas list of
http://wiki.typo3.org/Gsoc2013/Ideas I found that the idea "oAuth
layer for TYPO3 authentification " , "Content REST API " and
"ExtensionManager: pull (install/update) extensions from Git
repositories "  are really interesting and related to my past
experiences.

I am a final year undergraduate and  I had the chance to complete my
software engineering internship at WSO2 Lanka Pvt Ltd (www.wso2.org),
which is a leading middle-ware solutions development company. Since
they are using lot of open source products in there development
process,  I had many chances to get a good exposure to those FOSS
projects and there code-bases. I have did lot of projects in FOSS
arena.

Specially I want to highlight some important project which I did,

- Entitlement Servlet Filter for WSO2 Application Server and WSO2
Identity Server[1]

- Entitlement PDP Proxy for WSO2 Carbon Platform [2]

- Streaming XPath Parser for WSO2 ESB which is built on top of Synapse
ESB [3] . This implementation provides a high performance XPath parser
to the Synapse ESB which is the core of WSO2 ESB.

- Intelligent Time Table generation using Genetic Algorithms [4].

You can find more about my projects from my LinkedIn profile - [5] or
from my blog - [6]. So I think the above highlighted experiences makes
me a good candidate to do a project in GSOC. Can you give me some
ideas or steps to work further  in one of these project ideas ?

Regards

Andun S.L. Gunawardana
Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

[1] - http://wso2.org/library/tutorials/2012/12/providing-xacml-fine-grained-authorization-webapps
[2] - http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/2012/09/xacml-policy-definition-pointpdp-proxy.html
[3] - http://wso2.org/library/articles/2013/01/streaming-xpath-parser-wso2-esb
[4] - http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/2012/04/creating-timetable-using-genetic.html
[5] - lk.linkedin.com/pub/andun-s-l-gunawardana/34/646/703/
[6] - http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/