[TYPO3-GSoC] Fluid Boilerplates Status Update

Jacob Floyd cognifloyd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 19:56:11 CEST 2013

Quote: Sebastian KurfŸürst wrote on Sat, 01 June 2013 11:00
> Hey Jacob,
>
> I'll just provide some feedback here, hope that's OK :-)

Of course :)

> > Update: 31 May 2013
> >
> > ☠ I need more feedback on the naming of the packages
> > http://forum.typo3.org/index.php/m/686590
> > -    Is BuilderBase ok? What about BuilderAbstract, BuilderNucleus,
> > BuilderFoundation?
> Actually, I prefer BuilderFoundation; but maybe we can gather some more
> feedback f.e. of Rens (who is involved with the Package Builder) before
> we decide on a final name.

Could you put that here:
https://tricider.com/brainstorming/uqjv

Anyone else that has thoughts, please join in! I think names are very important. Even though naming is easy enough later on, once you rename something, all of the old articles about it & design docs for it become harder to find because they're using the old name.

In the interim, I'm using BuilderBase. But, hopefully we can find a better name than that. (No, I'm not waiting until we have a final name. I'm working on it now.)

> > -    SourceTemplate (instead of NakedBoilerplate, RawTemplate, etc)
> +-0 on this one, but a lot better than the other ones.

It's not exactly elegant, but it works. *shrugs*

> > ⓘ Current plans and notes available (newest first):
> > -
> > http://cognifloyd.blogspot.com/2013/05/boilerplates-and-builders-in-typo3-neos.html
> some feedback here:
>
>   * MigrationService: I'd suggest to look at the code migration service;
>     it stores the applied migrations in the git commit messages, and I
>     think this also makes sense for your builders.

Good point. I'll study that more when I get to working on the migration stuff.