[TYPO3-GSoC] Fluid Boilerplates Status Update

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Sat Jun 1 11:00:38 CEST 2013

Hey Jacob,

I'll just provide some feedback here, hope that's OK :-)

> Update: 31 May 2013
>
> ☠ I need more feedback on the naming of the packages
> http://forum.typo3.org/index.php/m/686590
> -    Is BuilderBase ok? What about BuilderAbstract, BuilderNucleus,
> BuilderFoundation?
Actually, I prefer BuilderFoundation; but maybe we can gather some more
feedback f.e. of Rens (who is involved with the Package Builder) before
we decide on a final name.

> ⓘ I will be working in my namespace, Cognifire, until everything is
> ready to be pushed to git.typo3.org
+1 very good idea!

> ⓘ Current naming choices
> -    TemplateBuilder (instead of FluidBuilder)
+1

> -    SourceTemplate (instead of NakedBoilerplate, RawTemplate, etc)
+-0 on this one, but a lot better than the other ones.

> ⓘ Current plans and notes available (newest first):
> -
> http://cognifloyd.blogspot.com/2013/05/boilerplates-and-builders-in-typo3-neos.html
some feedback here:

  * MigrationService: I'd suggest to look at the code migration service;
    it stores the applied migrations in the git commit messages, and I
    think this also makes sense for your builders.

Very good work :-) Looking forward to see some results and further
iterations!

Greets,
Sebastian