[TYPO3-GSoC] Re: Status Update: BuilderFoundation & TemplateBuilder

Jacob Floyd cognifloyd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 19:45:35 CEST 2013

Update: 01August 2013

☠ Too many unknowns... (but everything is feeling a lot more defined now.)

✔ Worked on the BlobQueryOperationsAspect that should allow me to keep operations in the relevant Blob instead of almost 100 jQuery-like FlowQuery operation classes.
☠ I can't get the name of the current operation which means I have to find another solution, or just create a huge number of classes that do the same thing: Call the operation on the Blob which then calls QueryPath.
✔ Decided against using DomCrawler because of the amount of work involved in making it editing friendly.
✔ Worked on making FluidBlob and HtmlBlob
- Using the FluidParser looks like it won't work, because I need to be able to add HTML tags, and Fluid says that anything that isn't Fluid is just text. So, I'm focusing more on the Html side of things now, and I think I'll add some Fluid specific operations to make fluidifying HTML easier.
✔ Now planning to use QueryPath to interact with HTML docs (including most fluid templates)
✔ Mapped out the APIs of jQuery, DomCrawler, QueryPath, and FlowQuery/Fizzle
- http://bit.ly/blobquery-apicomparison
- about 60 QueryPath methods can be simply passed through as FlowQuery operations
- about 30 QueryPath methods need special handling in BlobQuery/FlowQuery to make them work in an Eel Context
- 5 QueryPath methods won't be included and others will be revisited later to see if they make sense.
➜ Create some dummy (non-functional) examples to show how I envision working with files in boilerplates/derivatives via BlobQuery

♫☠ My brother got married July 23 but I couldn't mention anything about it online until after it happened thanks to his wife's [insert your favorite descriptive words here] ex.
♫☠ My birthday was July 24
♫ I get my braces off on August 8th
ⓘ I'm moving from Utah to Virginia (as mentioned in my project proposal)
- Pack moving truck & leave Utah August 9th
- Arrive in Virginia August 15th (late)
- Throwing a BBQ for any neighbors who come help us unpack Saturday August 17th (in Buena Vista, Virginia. If anyone is nearby, ask for my address and please come!). Sarah's making her amazing ribs.
ⓘ My laptops and sketchbook will be easily accessible so that I can work on this project whenever I get a chance, though I don't expect to have reliable internet so I won't really be able to post updates until I get to VA.

ⓘ Check my previous posts for a list of links...

~~~
Legend:

✔ done
➜ next steps