[TYPO3-GSoC] Typo3 "Core updater".

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Apr 30 12:34:21 CEST 2013

Hello Kostya,

thanks for choosing this topic.
You may have noticed some notes below your proposal on melange.

If you have any questions even on the start with TYPO3 don't hesitate to
ask :D

Regarding Coreupdate i think we should have a short talk (e.g. via Skype
or hangout) as some preparations have already been done :D

Regards
Kay

Am 29.04.13 23:00, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> Hi Kostya Polosin,
>
> Kostya Polosin wrote:
>
>> Hello, My name is Konstantin Polosin, I'm from Ukraine, Luhans'k. I want
>> to participate GSoC 2013 with Typo3. Project Core update. I believe that
>> this is important Projects for many users typo3.
>> Many users want to have access to a comfortable and a quick update. I am
>> confident that I can help many people to get what they want!
>
> Definitely a hot topic.
>
> See this answer of me on how to get started with TYPO3.
> http://forum.typo3.org/index.php?t=msg&th=195936&goto=681159&#msg_681159
>
> A core updater sounds like a cool project, but believe me, it is more
> complex that is sounds at the beginning ;)
>
> You will need to keep thinks in mind like:
> * DB Updates
> * Old extensions that might break PHP (Fatal error)
> * Modified extensions
> * Modified core
> * Various setup methods on various operation systems (symlink, no symlink,
> read/write access, multi-site setups, git repository, etc)
> * Upgrade wizards that need to be run
> * Unavailability of required tools or PHP extensions (zip, tar, gzip)
>
> Of course you can limit on a sup set for the beginning, e.g. only support
> direct installs without symlink.
>
> Also take a short trip in you favorite search engine to find working code
> which gives you a sneak peak into what needs to be considered.
>
> Don't forget to hand in your student application on time!
>
> Best regards

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach