[TYPO3-GSoC] Suggestion: TYPO3 modularize the BE-Configuration

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Apr 25 14:51:42 CEST 2013

Hi Elmar Hinz,

Elmar Hinz wrote:

> But you describe just what we all do since years.
> It is individual down-configuration for customers, not a set of
> general configuration modules shipped with TYPO3 and easy
> to use.

IMHO the first step need to be to make it version-able, thus taking it out
of the DB.
Part of this is easy (UserTS), but other parts would need adoption (e.g.
modules menu, permissions).

The end result should be, that you can install extensions like packages
which change your TYPO3 tree into a specific application for this package,
e.g. into a blog or into a calendar tool. The backend should then be
stripped down the necessities of the package.

The most difficult part of this IMHO to keep the whole construct consistent
and to not add too many new ways to learn.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!