[TYPO3-GSoC] how to proceed

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Apr 25 14:03:10 CEST 2013

Hi Puja,

i suggest you to build a list of requirements and discuss it on the flow
mailinglist (this server).

I think you may get a valuable feedback there :D

Perhaps vagrant can be a nice way to build flow dev environments :D

Regards
Kay

Am 25.04.13 10:03, schrieb puja singh:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking, I should try to make a proper installation package for TYPO3 Flow.
> (I have a feeling that it cannot be a project proposal for a summer of codes,but i would like to do it despite of that!)
>
> So,if anyone could guide me in this direction..
> Waiting for everyone's feedback or comments! :)
>
> Regards
> Puja
> Subject: Re: how to proceed
> From: tobias.liebig at typo3.org
> Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:18:27 +0200
> CC: tobias.liebig at typo3.org; mail at markus-guenther.de; michael at typo3.org; christian.mueller at typo3.org
> To: singh.puja92 at hotmail.com
>
> Hej Puja,
>
> Now that I spent almost 1.5 days trying to get acquainted with the dev env of typo3 (finally,sigh! :) ),
>
> great you succeed setting up the dev environment.
> I was wondering how to proceed further towards contributing to TYPO3?
>
> How to proceed?In terms of GSoC, you should prepare your project proposal on google-melange and discuss it with the mentors till Fri, May 3rd.If you want to contribute to TYPO3 in general, it depends on your personal interests.
> Since I have done some work with PHP,so, should i start digging deep into TYPO3 Flow,
> TYPO3 Flow is a advanced, powerful PHP Application Framework. It really fun to work with (clean architecture, advanced concepts like AOP, DDD). If you want to dig into Flow, get in touch with one in #typo3-coreteam on freenode. I think there is also a "Getting started" tutorial for Flow somewhere. Ask for it in the IRC.
> or try to solve bugs (like everyone else is doing) ? :O
>
> If you want to contribute to TYPO3 CMS you could start by fixing easy bugs [1] and/or review pending patches in gerrit [2]. Check our contributor help pages in the wiki [3].
>
> And if the latter one suits me better,according to you,then please help me select a bug which suits me best as a started!
>
> Choose the product which fits to your personal interests and try to find a exciting project. Then prepare a project proposal and start to discuss it (on google-melange and/or the typo3-gsoc list). Don't wait till the last minute to hand in your proposal, so you have chance to improve it.
>
> Thank You
> Regards
> Puja
>

> [1] so called easy tasks: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/issues?query_id=219[2] http://review.typo3.org[3]  http://wiki.typo3.org/Git_Gerrit
> regards   tobias
> P.S.: I'm not sure, why you did add Michael Stucki. To my knowledge, he isn't mentoring this year (although I would be pleased, if he wants to :).Your best chance to get a sufficient answer is to post on one of the mailing lists. All prospective mentors for all our products are reading #typo3-gsoc.

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach