[TYPO3-GSoC] Re: how to proceed

Elmar Hinz t3elmar at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 25 12:33:33 CEST 2013

Quote: puja singh wrote on Thu, 25 April 2013 10:03
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking, I should try to make a proper installation package for TYPO3 Flow.
> (I have a feeling that it cannot be a project proposal for a summer of codes,but i would like to do it despite of that!)
>
> So,if anyone could guide me in this direction..
> Waiting for everyone's feedback or comments! :)

Hello Puja,

maybe it is a about diffrent cultures or different school systems.

OpenSource development is not driven by

"what should I do?" but by "what do I like to I do?"

What are my personal interests (or the goals of my customer)?

That means, motivation doesn't come from outside but from inside.
When Kasper Skårhøj created TYPO3, he was driven by a personal vision.
Same for Linus Torvalds when creating Linux.

It starts as a sport of brain, but some are able to make their obsession to a profession.

As long as you ask "What should I do?", it is better to join a company,
to find a chef, who can answer this question.

Just me personal point of view and experiance. :)

Regards

Elmar