[TYPO3-GSoC] Interested in working on the Migrations idea

saket golchha saket18g at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 12:18:07 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm Saket Golchha, pursuing my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (3rd
year) from GITAM University, India.

I have used Typo3 CMS in the past for a small user group website on the
college intranet and I should say it got me very interested :)

I have been through the ideas list and I really liked the 'Migrations' idea
primarily because I have worked on Doctrine Migrations and Django South
earlier for schema migrations and versioning. I understand that for Typo3
it is more than just schema migration, we also need to migrate configs etc
but I do believe having the knowledge on migrations will help me in having
a clearer picture.

Can someone please point me to any related tickets, so I can work on the
patches or a better way to get started? I believe this will help me
get acquainted with the codebase and you can also get to see how my coding
is and if it is on par with your standards. And I know I am late but I'm
willing to put in extra time and effort to cover it up.

My Skills:
Languages: C, C++, Python, PHP, JavaScript, HTML, CSS
Frameworks: Django, CodeIgnitor, jQuery, D3.js, PhantomJS, Bootstrap
Database: MySQL, SQLite

I spend most of my time in VIM [ no, I'm not a dinosaur]

Thanks,
Saket