[TYPO3-GSoC] How to get started?

Ashutosh Sharma ashutosh30492 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 08:43:00 CEST 2013

Hello developers,

I am Ashutosh Sharma, a third year undergrad student from India.

I came across typo3 when I was going through the organisations for gsoc
2013 and found the project ideas very interesting and challenging.

I am fairly new to the gsoc experience and would really appreciate some
help in setting things up. How do I set up the code on my machine and get
myself up to speed with the developments so far? And how do I start
contributing?

Programming Experience: I have experience with C/C++, JavaScript, PHP,
MySQL and frameworks like yii, Codeignitor, and django. I have worked on
fairly large scale projects using these technologies. I would love to learn
more on how can I contribute to typo3.