[TYPO3-GSoC] Project request for WebDAV / TYPO3CR

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri Mar 26 10:29:53 CET 2010

Hi Frederik.

On 25.03.10 02:45, Frederik Löffert wrote:
> my name is Frederik and I'm interested in GSoC 2010.

Welcome!

> "WebDAV access to resources in TYPO3CR and FLOW3" sounds good.
> At this time I don't have any knowledge of WebDAV or JSR-283.
> OOP in PHP shouldn't be a problem. Nevertheless, is there a realistic
> chance to complete this project successfully?

I think there is. For one, there is already a basis to build upon
(WebDAV for FLOW3 has been worked on already last year) and WebDAV is no
rocket science. Resource handling in FLOW3 has evolved in the meantime,
so the missing thing is resource handling in the TYPO3CR. But that could
be skipped, of course, if it doesn't make sense.

> What are the next steps and is there already a mentor defined for this
> project?

Well, you should check out the FLOW3 resource handling, the WebDAV
package (http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/package-webdav) and skim
JSR-283 on how files are handled there. Then think about how you would
approach the project and ideally come up with a project proposal that is
better than what is on the ideas page...

No mentor defined yet, feel free to contact me for questions for the
time being.

Regards,
Karsten