[TYPO3-german] word to typo3

Andreas Balzer newsgroups at andreas-balzer.de
Sun Feb 5 15:56:55 CET 2006

"Michael Scharkow" <mscharkow at gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1139148388.21848.typo3-german at lists.netfielders.de...
> Peter Linzenkirchner wrote:
>
>> Webseiten sind keine Mails. Mails werden schnell aus der Hüfte
>> geschossen, sie haben viel von mündlicher Rede an sich (sieht man den
>> vielen Typos, die immer drin sind.) Wichtige Geschäftsmails werden
>> dagegen oft nicht in einem Mailclient aufgesetzt sondern in Word und
>> dann umkopiert.
>
> Auch wenn OT: Warum sollte man wichtige Mails mit Word schreiben, wenn
> jeder anständige Mailclient einen Spellchecker mitbringt? Andere
> Word-Features (s.u.) braucht man doch bei Mails gar nicht (es sei denn,
> man verbricht sog. HTML-Emails...).
>

>> Eine Webseite ist eine dauerhafte Publikation. Ein Tippfehler ist  hier
>> einfach eine Peinlichkeit. Man muss lange am Text feilen, viele  müssen
>> ihn begutachten, korrigieren und ändern. Eine Webseite hat  mehr von
>> einem Buch oder einem gedruckten Aufsatz als von einer Mail.
>
> Richtig, deswegen setzt man weder Bücher noch längere Aufsätze in Word, es
> sei denn, man kennt kein besseres Tool dafür. Das heißt nicht, dass man es
> nicht *kann*, wenn man den nur Word hat.
>
>> Word hat Dinge zu bieten, auf die ein Redakteur nur ungern verzichtet
>> (zumindest wenn er sein Handwerk beherscht):
>> - automatische Rechtschreibkorrektur
>> - Textbausteine
>> - Outliner
>> - Gliederungsmodus
>> - mehrfaches Öffnen des gleichen Dokuments und teilbare Monitoransicht
>> - leistungsfähige Such-, Konvertier- und Archivierungsfunktionen
>> - Variablen für dynamische Textbausteine
>
> hat vim auch. und emacs. SCNR ;)
>
>> - Korrekturworkflow
>
> Hier bin ich schon am Zweifeln, ob TYPO3 versioning dem nicht schon
> überlegen ist, von ordentlicher Versionskontrolle mit CVS, SVN, etc. mal
> zu schweigen.
>
>> - schneller PDF-Export für Weitergabe und effizienten Korrekturworkflow
>
> ist PDF-Export neuerdings eingebaut, oder redest Du von einem weiteren
> 500€-Tool, dass man dazukaufen muss.
>
>> - vernünftiger Ausdruck
>
> Der ist ja bei non-WYSIWYG ziemlich wurscht.
>
>> - schnell
>
> ???
>
>> - offline möglich
>
> Online aber nicht ;)
>
>> 1. Erfassung und Bearbeitung des Textes in einem Standardlayout
>> 2. Export in HTML (oder besser direkter Import in Typo3) unter  Erhaltung
>> der semantischen Logik des Textes, was im wesentlichen  bedeutet, dass
>> nur die HTML-Tags erhalten bleiben und die zahllosen  <span>
>> verschwinden.
>> 3. Dabei wird der Text automatisch nach den Vorgaben in Typo3
>> formatiert. Also eben nicht nach den Vorgaben in Word.
>> 4. enthaltene Bilder werden nach Typo3-Vorgaben in der Webseite
>> eingebaut.
>>
>> Dabei würde es reichen, Standardformate von Word bestimmten Text-Bild-
>> Elemente von Typo3 zuzuordnen. Zum Beispiel wird die Überschrift der
>> Gliederungsebene 1 eben in Überschrift 1 in Typo3 umgesetzt. Die
> [...]

Hi!
Ich aber schon. Die Frage ist nur, in wie weit man die Integration laufen
lassen will. Das mit den Layoutsachen zählt wohl eher in die Endstufe.
Generell empfinde ich - und meine BE Redakteure - dass aber genauso. Äm, mal
kurz was anderes: Ich habe mittlerweile ein wenig getextet (wegen dem Wiki
Beitrag) doch komme heute nicht mehr dazu das fertig zu machen. Hier ist der
Text wie ich ihn bisher geschrieben habe. Mitsamt den Fehlern in Grammatik &
Rechtschreibung :)

This is intended to be a suggestion for a possible integration of an
interface of Typo3 in well-known user programs, and or operation systems.

Please notice, that I do not have the knowledge of internal typo3 core
structures, because, I’m only a webmaster who has decided to use Typo3 in a
project.

Ok. I think we first have to specify some things:

User – A BE user of Typo3 with several non administrative rights accessing
Typo3 with his web browser

Admin – A BE user of Typo3 with several administrative rights

Well, what are the pros of an integration of an interface of Typo3 into
well-known programs and or operation systems?

I will try to explain this with the OS of M$.. Windows:

A lot of people use Windows every day. The most of them are able to switch
their computer on and off, start the writing application (I will explain my
idea with M$ word), and surf a little bit in the web. Only a few are able to
survive in the system management console or in other technical wizards. As
only a few know what a CMS is, or how it works, Typo3 looks very technical
to the users - not only the skin, but also the many functions, modules and
other things. (OK, some of these can be switched off, but it looks technical
afterwards too)

Most of these users need a lot of time to explore Typo3 and only a few do
it, because it’s hard work, if you have to do it in your spare time.

So an integration of an interface of Typo3 into well-known applications and
or operation systems could bring this technical system in an easy way into
the non-technical environment, the users use every day and understand.

Ok.. Now we have the pro’s. Let’s try to see, how this possible integration
[..] could be done.

Scenario 1: A user wants to write a text and save it on the Typo3 webpage.

Try: The user should not come in contact with any technical settings or
wizards.

Platform: program, not operation system.

Possibility 1:  We create a Typo3 skin, that looks exactly like a Windows
program. Luna style, a nice M$ Agent Character speaking: “It seems that you’re
not writing a letter, I like letters, I think you should J”

I mean, the explorer like page tree does already exist and the menus could
be rearranged to the top as a drop down menu. All unnecessarily options and
fields could be removed, so that the users only see the RTE, and everything
else could be done automatically in the background with several procedures
the admin could set up.

Pro’s: Looks nice and would definitely work.

Con’s: Until this solution would be ready, the devs of Typo3 would already
have found a new mathematical number system, because our one is too bad to
show the Typo3 version of 9x100000000^999999 correctly..

Ergo: Looking for a new idea..

Ok.. Possibility 2:

The user (with access rights to Typo3) opens his famous writing application
(in my case this is so called Word.) He writes his text and wants to insert
a hyperlink. He could click on a button in the toolbar of his writing
application (button could be generated with a “Makro” (they use that name in
the German version of Office) and a special popup could open, where he sees
the same things as he could now see, when he clicks on the button in the
RTE. The button in his writing application could be named “Include Typo3
hyperlink”. The same for the including of images. The wizard could also
include the option to insert an image from the hard drive, which could be
uploaded when saving the page.  All the information could be downloaded on
demand.

Ok.. We have to sub possibility now:

2.1: The user clicks on a button called “Save to Typo3”. A wizard would pop
up, where the user would be asked to specify the place to save the page into
(like the page tree from Typo3) and on the next wizard page, the user could
set the title. When he clicks on “Advanced options”, he could specify a
start and end date and some metatags..

The wizard would have to look similar to those Windows wizards.. ..and with
5 clicks you could insert your content. (For content elements this option
could work as well.)

à A similar thing can be seen with several image gallerys like Coppermind,
where you can publish images through your Windows XP blue task bar on the
left of Luna themed folders.

Ok.. Pro’s: It would work in later Typo3 versions too

The users could use it

Con: Someone would have to do it.

Possibility 2.2:

Let’s say, the user saved the doc to his harddrive (and we would invent a
file format called *.typo3 or *.typ or *.cms (let’s be dominating.. J)

Ok.. Then the user has a special background service on his computers (like
there are some for GMX or GMail eMail accounts), that mounts the webpage as
a hard drive into the operation system. Every time the user saves something
into that “hard drive”, the application would recognise that and ask the
user what to do with it (upload, etc)..

Of course, the application would not do just a ftp upload, but it would open
the Typo3 functions and add the page to Typo3. (Maybe directly within the
core functions, maybe through the RTE)

Pro’s:

1)      It would work

2)      The user would understand it

3)

Was noch irgendwie übersetzt werden müsste ist folgendes:

Positives bei beiden Möglichkeiten:

1) Der User kommt mit klar, weil er seine Umgebung nicht verlassen muss.

2) Der User sieht keinen technischen Kram

3) Es geht hoffentlich relativ einfach (eben relativ) umzusetzen

4) Da nur das Windows system angepasst wird, ist es für Typo3 Versionen

kompatibel

5) Alle würden sich freuen

Danach sollte der Text irgendwie ins Wiki rein. Ich habe da nicht soo viel
Ahnung und würde jemanden von Euch bitten, das zu machen. Äm, Rechtschreib
und Grammatikkorrektur könnte auch nützlich sein :)

So naja.. Ich suche übrigens immer noch einen guten Newsreader. Evtl. nem'
ich jetzt doch Thunderbird dafür. Äm, wusstet ihr eigentlich, dass Google
Groups die Newsgroup hier einfach nicht schlukken möchte?

Grüße soweit

Andreas