[TYPO3-english] FE Login - Redirect a Deeplink to Referrer

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 11:16:05 CEST 2018

Hi everyone,

Environment: 8.7LTS + RealURL

This seems to be a nagging issue ... I have a deeplink of a protected page - say, www.abc.org/1.html that I want to email to clients. Upon clicking it, they should be redirected to a login page (say, www.abc.org/2.html) and then upon successful login be redirected back to the referrer (1.html). I know that this is beyond felogin's limits and there's issues with the core, so it must be "massaged" to work.

I can get the first half (that is, redirect to login) to work - I either use an extension like "pagenotfoundhandling" or I make my own path using Install > pagenotfoundhandling > redirect to a login page with a speaking path.

However, once the user logs in correctly, I cannot get them back to the referring page. I've scoured the Internet for hours and I really thought this would be easy but I'm completely stuck.

Any advice is greatly appreciated,
-Scott.