[TYPO3-english] Re: RealURL - shortcut to home

Dennis Hoffland d.o.hoffland at tele2.nl
Wed Sep 13 16:56:36 CEST 2017

Hi Jigal,

I have no problem to settle with http(s)://www.mydomain.com/ instead of http(s)://www.mydomain.com/home.html, if the latter is difficult/impossible ...

Changing the Speaking URL path segment on the root page Home to "home" had no effect at all so far (doesn't show up in the URL, even after clearing the realURL tables in the DB).

Instead, with my current configuration, I keep getting http(s)://www.mydomain.com/1 (notice the trailing 1) as the "speaking" URL for the Home page in my menu. To make things worse the speaking URL's are "lost" completely if I continue navigating from my home page.

Any thoughts why that may be the case?

Thanks for the support so far.

Kind regards,

Dennis