[TYPO3-english] RealURL - shortcut to home

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Sep 13 16:08:21 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 13/09/2017 12:02, Dennis Hoffland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to configure RealURL to deliver a speaking URL home.html for
> my home page (in the menu).
>
> My page structure is:
> -home
> ---home (shortcut to home on root level above)
> ---page1
> ---page2

The home page itself has the speaking URL "/" (as in
http(s)://domain.tld/ ). The 'home' subpage is a shortcut to the root
home and will thus have the same URL.
If the 'home' subpage would have a different URL then the content of the
home page would be available on two URLs; this is not desirable from an
SEO point of view.

You could give the home (root) page the path segment "home" if you set
it in the page properties. I'm not sure what you win by that and if it
has any side effects.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Core Team Member