[TYPO3-english] wiki webpage

Michael Schams typo3 at 2017.schams.net
Sun May 21 17:43:08 CEST 2017

On Sun, 2017-05-21 at 10:42 +0200, gabriele piccini wrote:

> I want a web page where anyone can make changes with or without
> permissions. I thinkpad a sort of https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wik
> i.

Hi Gabriele,

And why exactly do you want to use TYPO3 for this use-case?

In my opinion: use the right tool for the right job. For example:

Use a Ferrari if you want to go fast.
Use a truck if you want to transport your furnitures around.
Use WordPress (or similar), if you need a Blog system.
Use Magento (or similar), if you need an e-commerce system.
Use MediaWiki (or similar), if you need a Wiki.
Use TYPO3 (nothing else) if you need a content management system :-)

You can (ab-)use a Ferrari to move your sofa and you can (ab-)use
WordPress as a CMS, too. You'll also be able to use TYPO3 to implement
a Wiki... but are you sure, you want to do this?

Cheers
Michael