[TYPO3-english] Re: typo3 7.6.16 Allowed memory size error

Riccardo Coletta leilond at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 08:41:53 CEST 2017

A little step to understand what's happening

The line that throw the error is this one, in the file "typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Cahce/Backend/SimpleFileBackend.php"

$finalCacheDirectory = $temporaryCacheDirectory . 'Cache/' . $codeOrData . '/' . $this->cacheIdentifier . '/';

I modified the file adding a write on a text file log, with the "strlen" of the three variables. It happens that $temporaryCacheDirectory length appears to be 7926335344172072960 bytes, that it's obviously impossible, because the error should be given at the first variable assign and not when trying to use it... I look like the variable length information are someway corrupted

I'm far to discover how can it be, but I'm considering to add an instruction like this before the string concatenation

if( strlen( $temporaryCacheDirectory ) > 100 ) {
   $temporaryCacheDirectory = PATH_site . 'typo3temp/';
}

These are the same code lines that appears immediately beofre the error line.

Can this lend to some issue I'm not aware of?

Thanks