[TYPO3-english] Re: Upgrade from 6.2 LTS to 7 LTS

Dennis Hoffland d.o.hoffland at tele2.nl
Fri Mar 10 17:49:22 CET 2017

Hello Michael & David,

I just went through the upgrade procedure once more.

After getting the same list of errors at the final step I continued with the Database Analyzer to identify the specific SQL statements that caused the process to grind to a halt. They are (view also my earlier post regarding the Database relations):

ALTER TABLE pages CHANGE media media int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
Current value: text
ALTER TABLE pages_language_overlay CHANGE media media int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
Current value: text
ALTER TABLE tt_content CHANGE image image int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
Current value: text
ALTER TABLE tt_content CHANGE media media int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0';
Current value: text

Using phpMyAdmin I executed the following SQL-statements (as 4 separate commands, for each table):

UPDATE `pages`
SET `media` = IF(`media` = '' OR `media` IS NULL, 0, `media`)

UPDATE `pages_language_overlay`
SET `media` = IF(`media` = '' OR `media` IS NULL, 0, `media`)

UPDATE `tt_content`
SET `media` = IF(`media` = '' OR `media` IS NULL, 0, `media`)

UPDATE `tt_content`
SET `image` = IF(`image` = '' OR `image` IS NULL, 0, `image`)

These will set all empty fields or fields containing the value NULL to the new default 0. Any other values are left unchanged.

After taking these steps I was able to complete the Upgrade Wizard in the Install tool successfully.

Thanks again for your support along the way.

Kind regards,

Dennis