[TYPO3-english] Re: sphinx 2.5.0 and TYPO3 8.6.1

mark roemermann pixelplumber at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 02:08:00 CET 2017

hmmm... I was wrong.

Looking again at my 7.6 LTS installation I do get the same OpenSSL error in sphinx update script section.  With an extra line:
"You have $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['curlUse'] == '1', your OpenSSL configuration might be broken"

But as far as I can tell OpenSSL module for PHP is installed correctly (system environment in install tool is all green, phpinfo() lists openssl module as in previous post).  OpenSSL is available to the user on the CLI.

What else can I test in TYPO3 to check OpenSSL module is working?  Doing a core update on 7.6 from the install tool works (assuming that uses https).

Stress again this is not on windows.  It's a centos 6.8 VPS running cpanel WHM.