[TYPO3-english] sphinx 2.5.0 and TYPO3 8.6.1

mark roemermann pixelplumber at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 00:45:52 CET 2017

Hi all.  I've started experimenting with a composer mode install of TYPO3 8.6.1.

I've installed the sphinx extension 2.5.0 with composer, however when I go to use the update script in the extension manager, I see an error:

"Could not find any version of Sphinx:
    Are you currently offline?
    Does PHP have proper OpenSSL support?"

So far I can confirm that:
- not on windows (centos 6.8)
- have python
- on php 7.0.16
- If I install 7.6 LTS and the same sphinx version it works and displays the list of shinx versions, so assume that means server level software (curl/php/openssl) is there and working.
- on 8.6.1 the install tool system environment phpinfo() test says the openssl php module is installed (ver. 1.0.1e-fips 11).
- Some googling shows people had issues on 7.6 when curl was disabled.  I'm guessing with 8.x and Guzzle included there is no more configuration for curluse = 1 under "all configuration" in the install tool?

Anything else I should check?  Is it a guzzle/curl issue?

--
Mark Roemermann.