[TYPO3-english] Major Site update process

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Mon May 16 14:12:10 CEST 2016

Am 16.05.2016 um 13:40 schrieb Adrian Manning:
> I think I can change the webroot via a redirection in .htaccess but then
> I cannot check my changes as I get redirected to the old version.
>
> To be able to make the changes offline, means I would have to install a
> webserver with the same versions of Unix, SQL and php and then maintain
> this server. This is not really what I want to do as I have very little
> experience in this area.
>
> I assumed there must be an easy way to update a website, but this does
> not seem to be the case.

Hi Adrian,

You don't really need a machine that uses the same OS, SQL and PHP -
it's enough to have a machine running the same version of TYPO3! I do
that all the while - hardly ever care about the OS's. E.g., I have one
productive installation that runs on an NGINX server (got my Apache
here) on totally different flavor of linux (Debian) than the one I
usually employ (Fedora). The PHP version is different, and so is the
MySQL. Works like a charm!

Cheers,
Peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"The Way of the Samurai is found in death. When it comes to either/or,
there is only the quick choice of death. It is not particularly difficult."
(Hagakure)

Latest projects
http://mein-bobber.de
http://www.käse1a.de