[TYPO3-english] Re: Major Site update process

Adrian Manning adrian.manning at kns.ch
Mon May 16 13:40:57 CEST 2016

I think I can change the webroot via a redirection in .htaccess but then I cannot check my changes as I get redirected to the old version.

To be able to make the changes offline, means I would have to install a webserver with the same versions of Unix, SQL and php and then maintain this server. This is not really what I want to do as I have very little experience in this area.

I assumed there must be an easy way to update a website, but this does not seem to be the case.