[TYPO3-english] has no rendering definition!

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Mar 23 11:10:10 CET 2016

On 23/03/2016 09:58, "HocomAdvies [ 🌷 Wiechert Hooghwinkel ]" wrote:
> Any advise how to get this working? How can I find out if a viewhelper is used (loaded)? And why does the viewhelper in my test setup not work?

Very quick reply (short sentences, not meant to be rude!)

First of all, you show very little code for people to find the problem.

A few pointers:

- the error about the rendering configuration refers to missing
TypoScript. The article [1] that was mentioned shows what TypoScript is
needed. If this is problematic, please show your TypoScript

- you want to use a viewhelper for some reason, but you mention that you
have no idea what to put in the PHP file for that viewhelper. Do you
actually need a viewhelper? A viewhelper is only needed if you can't
solve a problem with standard Fluid and need some PHP code to do the job

- to display images you don't need a viewhelper. The standard
viewhelpers from Fluid (or the TYPO3 core) are perfectly capable of
rendering an image from FAL

[1] https://usetypo3.com/custom-fsc-element.html

--
Jigal van Hemert