[TYPO3-english] Typo3 Language code and ISO codes (Chinese)

pierrick.caillon+typo3 at megami.fr pierrick.caillon+typo3 at megami.fr
Mon Jan 18 17:02:00 CET 2016

Hello,

I am using TYPO3 6.2 LTS and snowbabel extension for translations.
There seems to be some issue with the language code to use, but I would
like a confirmation.

The documentation says the language code to put in the TypoScript
config.language is the TYPO3 language code, right?
It also seems this code should be the same as in the backend when
selecting the user language. i.e. the TYPO3 language code.

The language I try to have the translation is Simplified Chinese. ISO zh,
local zh_CN, TYPO3 ch.

When using snowbabel to translate, I obtain the files for this language in
the zh folder instead of ch. Proving it is the ISO code instead of TYPO3
code.

Thus, I think snowbabel is wrong. Am I right?

Regards,
Pierrick Caillon