[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 behind a CDN and checkValidBrowserOrDie() ("Your browser version looks incompatible with this TYPO3 version")

Michael Schams typo3 at 2016.schams.net
Fri Jan 8 04:56:46 CET 2016

Ok, by setting my own custom user-agent string in file
AdditionalConfiguration.php,
the BE login works (accessing the BE via the CDN):

$userAgent = 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/38.0 Iceweasel/38.5.0';
$GLOBALS['CLIENT']['BROWSER'] = $userAgent;

Unfortunately, this is not the only spot in TYPO3 where the
browser/os/version
is checked by accessing variable $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']. The next
problem is that the RTE is not loaded, if the user-agent is "AWS
CloudFront".

If I add the following line to AdditionalConfiguration.php, the RTE
comes up:

$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] = $userAgent;

However, overwriting *this* variable is a bad idea I suspect.
Is there any chance to force the RTE to load, no matter which user-agent
string the browser sent?

BTW: an update to 7 is sadly not an option at this point in time.

Cheers
Michael

--
Cheers