[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 behind a CDN and checkValidBrowserOrDie() ("Your browser version looks incompatible with this TYPO3 version")

Bernd Wilke t3n at pi-phi.de
Fri Jan 8 08:36:11 CET 2016

Am 08.01.2016 um 04:56 schrieb Michael Schams:
> Ok, by setting my own custom user-agent string in file
> AdditionalConfiguration.php,
> the BE login works (accessing the BE via the CDN):
>
> $userAgent = 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101
> Firefox/38.0 Iceweasel/38.5.0';
> $GLOBALS['CLIENT']['BROWSER'] = $userAgent;
>
> Unfortunately, this is not the only spot in TYPO3 where the
> browser/os/version
> is checked by accessing variable $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']. The next
> problem is that the RTE is not loaded, if the user-agent is "AWS
> CloudFront".
>
> If I add the following line to AdditionalConfiguration.php, the RTE
> comes up:
>
> $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] = $userAgent;
>
> However, overwriting *this* variable is a bad idea I suspect.
> Is there any chance to force the RTE to load, no matter which user-agent
> string the browser sent?

either the code is browser dependend:
then you need to fall back to your first idea to avoid the CDN by
another domain to get the correct browser identification into the core.

or the browser does not matter even in 6.2:
then you can pretend any accepted browser anyway.

I don't know whether 6.2 is browser dependend or if this code already is
superflous. maybe Jigal can tell more about it.

bernd