[TYPO3-english] Re: Cannot Login to Back End

Brian Lynch brianl at digi-bis.com
Mon Jan 4 03:24:37 CET 2016

Ok, I have upgraded my installation to version 6.2.17 and ran through all the upgrade wizards, deleted the contents of typo3tem/cache folder cleared all be_sessions table and tx_rsaauth_keys tables and cleared all cache I could find.  Then created a new be admin with the install tool, and still no change, I cannot login from the back end. No question it checks the user name and password, the be_session table shows that a session is started every time I try and login, but the log in screen just shows up again, no message that the username or password is wrong just the plain login screen like nothing ever happened, and everytime I try and login, be_sessions shows a new session started.  One change in behavior, the tx_rsaauth_keys no longer shows a new salt when I try and login.  With version 6.2.0 the tx_rsaauth_keys table would always get a new entry when I tied to login and failed.

I changed to be security level to NORMAL and created and new be admin and that didn't work either.

I have tired to identify the cookie thing, but no luck there, with version 6.2.17 I had to set the cookie name and site trusted host pattern, so I think that all should be working as needed.  The front end on both sites are still working (I have two independent sites sharing the same source folder, and both sites have the same problem with not being able to log in to the back end.

Any more Idea's of what I can do?

Thanks

Brian