[TYPO3-english] typo3_src-4.0, backend problems after migration.

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Apr 5 13:02:37 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 05/04/2016 10:56, Pawel Ziobro wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> i have a problem with  typo3_src-4.0 (yes i know it's old but that's the
> version i have to work with).

It's not "old", it's "ancient" and very insecure.

> I have perfectly working version on RHEL5, but the problems start with
> moving the app to the RHEL7.
>
> I guess there are some PHP differences, but i do not know how to fix them.
>
> I moved the whole app directory, dumped the db and restored
> appropriately on the new server.
>
> The main changes are
> mysql -> mariadb,
>
> and
> PHP 5.1.6 -> PHP 5.4.16

The chances that TYPO3 4.0.x will work with PHP 5.4 are almost zero
unless you are willing to fix all the PHP issues yourself. Compatibility
with modern browsers will most certainly be an issue (it was released 10
years ago, the last version is almost 7 years old).

> Any ideas ?

You could try to upgrade to 4.5 first, then go to 6.2 and finally to
7LTS. Depending on the extensions you use you have more or less work
ahead of you.
Please not that the upgrade wizards that are in 4.5 were removed in 6.2
and the upgrade wizards in 6.2 were removed in 7, etc.

If you insist on using such old versions of TYPO3 then you have to use
the old server software that it was designed for.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!