[TYPO3-english] Realurl and links between domains

Sergio Catalá scatala.enet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:51:59 CEST 2015

Hi hi, let's imagine the next situation: 1) you have a german domain in
your Typo3 instance, and all your default content (L=0, no prefix) is in
german, 2) you have a swiss domain there too, where your default content
(L=0, no prefix) is in german too, but the alternative language is in
french (L=1, prefix: fr/).
So realurl configuration doesn't need any preVars section for the german
domain, as we don't want anyone modifying the url and setting up fr/ prefix.
But then we do in our realurl_conf.php file:

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['realurl']['www.example.ch'] =
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['realurl']['www.example.de'];

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['realurl']['www.example.ch']['preVars']
= array(
    array(
        'GETvar' => 'L',
        'valueMap' => array(
            'fr' => '1',
        ),
        'noMatch' => 'bypass',
    ),
);

Until here, everything works Ok. But now we face the next problem: we want
to build inside german frontend a typolink that points to a swiss page in
french. The parameter L=1 in that case doesn't get translated by realurl
because we are in the german domain and there is no configuration there for
language prefixes, as we said. So link has the form:
www.example.ch/segment/?L=1
We cannot use config.typolinkEnableLinksAcrossDomains option, as we don't
achieve the requisites for that.
Any idea how to solve this problem?