[TYPO3-english] Only one mirror left for main extension repository?

Andri Steiner asteiner at snowflake.ch
Thu Oct 1 09:15:11 CEST 2015

Hi Daniel

> Maybe I missed yet annother announcement but is it correct that there is
> only one extension mirror available? I'm sure I still saw 5-6 mirrors
> two weeks ago and couldn't find any announcement about giving up those
> mirrors.
>
> See: curl -s 'http://repositories.typo3.org/mirrors.xml.gz' | gunzip -c

Some of those mirrors where out of date and some had a broken
configuration (e.g. IPv6 records published but no vHost configured).
Furthermore, it is planned to switch the whole TER stuff to a CDN as
already in place for get.typo3.org. Therefore, it was decided to switch
off all mirrors for the moment. AFAIK a announcement about all this is
in preparation.

Cheers,
Andri